Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Crockpot Apricot Chicken

A friend made this for all of us last summer.  I was a little unsure about it because of the apricot jam in it.  But I loved it!!  It gives the perfect balance of flavor between the apricot jam and russian salad dressing.  And it is so easy!  A miracle happened tonight at dinner.  My 4 year old ate the chicken!!  We were cheering and clapping as if we had just won the lottery.  He LOVED it!  And if he loved it I know everyone will love it!  I was also glad to know that not all of my dinners are horrible according to him!  :)


Rating: 4 Stars Difficulty of Recipe: 1 star
How I changed it:  Kept it the same
Things I would do differently next time:  Nothing
Will I make it again?  Yes!
Recipe from: Six Sisters

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups apricot preserves
1 cup Russian dressing (I used Wishbone brand)
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
6 chicken breasts

Directions:
Mix together the preserves, dressing and soup mix.
Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker; pour mixture over chicken.
Cook on Low and continue cooking for 3-4 hours.



I had to document in the history books that my picky eater actually ate!


No comments:

Post a Comment